1/1 Photo of Chicken With Olives and Garlic
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts, bone-in with skin on
- 3 -4 tablespoons creole seasoning
- olive oil
- 3 onions, sliced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup green olives, stuffed with pimentos, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1Toss the chicken breasts in the Creole Seasonings.
- 2Heat a large, heavy frying pan and add enough olive oil to coat the bottom.
- 3When hot, add the chicken and cook until browned on each side.
- 4Remove the chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- 5To the frying pan add the peppers, onions, thyme, salt and pepper to taste and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 6Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- 7Add the wine and stir, scraping up the bits.
- 8Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to a low simmer, stirring occasionally.
- 9Stir in the olives, lemon zest and bay leaf.
- 10Return the chicken to the pot, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 11Remove the chicken as soon as it's done and stir in the lemon juice and whisk in the butter.
- 12Serve the sauce over the chicken and top with the parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Olives and Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (715 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.4
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 668.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 32.9 g