Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy and Tasty....Recipe Winner from Better Homes & Gardens
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 lb. total)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (5 3/4 ounce) jarsliced pitted green olives, drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced pitted ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian parsley (flat-leaf)
- In large skillet brown chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning once. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside. Add onion to skillet. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally and adding garlic the last 1 minute of cooking.
- Stir tomatoes, olives, capers, lemon peel, and oregano into onion mixture. Place chicken on tomato mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 13 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F).
- To serve, place chicken on platter. Season tomato mixture to taste with salt and black pepper. Spoon tomato mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.
Yes, yes!!! this is a winner. DING DING!! Since I just had one large chicken breast, I sliced it. Followed the recipe with the exception of (I forgot) to add the capers (yes, I had some in the fridge) and added a chopped Roma tomato subbed for the canned tomatofor one breast. MMM. Wonderful fresh taste and low-cal...delicious. Made for the Mediterranean Cruise event in Cooking Photos.