Recipe by ellie_
Only 7 pts per serving
Top Review by Debbwl
A nice Asian flavored chicken noodle soup, that enjoys an almost teriyaki kind of flavor. I made using carrot to add color and because it is winter here and zucchini way too high, but other than that no changes were made. We did find it a bit too sweet for our taste and would in the future cut the honey down. Thanks for the post.
- 4 ounces rice noodles
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 slices ginger, peeled
- 3 star anise pods
- 20 ounces boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 ounces snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare noodles according to package directions, drain.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet combine next 5 ingredients (chicken broth - star anise) and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and return to a simmer. Simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in squash and snow peas and cook for 5 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove ginger and star anise -- discard.
- Pour broth over noodles OR divide noodles among 4 bowls and top with chicken breast and 1/4 cup of the stock mixture. Garnish with cilantro.