Recipe by Honni
Adopted from zaar Feb 2005. I have made this recipe and have taken aboard Peter's comments re the Leek. I cut the leek in thin slices and it turned out fine.
Top Review by Peter J
This recipe tasted great Honni and the sauce was wonderful and creamy. I couldn't really see how 2" slices of leek with only a few minutes cooking time was going to work, so instead I finely diced the leek.
- 1 frying chicken
- 29.58 ml oil, preferably peanut
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 29.58 ml shallots, Chopped
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 236.59 ml leek, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 44.37 ml Dijon mustard
- 59.14 ml whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into serving size pieces.
- Saute in hot oil until browned.
- Remove from pan, drain all but a little oil from pan.
- Add garlic and shallots; cook 1 minute.
- Add wine and return chicken to pan.
- Cover and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add more wine if needed.
- Increase heat, add Thinly sliced leeks, toss and cook briefly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in mustard and cream.
- If sauce is too thick, thin it with a little wine or cream.