1/2 Photos of Chicken With Mustard and Wine Sauce (Adopted)
Adopted from zaar Feb 2005. I have made this recipe and have taken aboard Peter's comments re the Leek. I cut the leek in thin slices and it turned out fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken into serving size pieces.
- 2Saute in hot oil until browned.
- 3Remove from pan, drain all but a little oil from pan.
- 4Add garlic and shallots; cook 1 minute.
- 5Add wine and return chicken to pan.
- 6Cover and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 7Add more wine if needed.
- 8Increase heat, add Thinly sliced leeks, toss and cook briefly.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Cover and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- 11Stir in mustard and cream.
- 12If sauce is too thick, thin it with a little wine or cream.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Mustard and Wine Sauce (Adopted)
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.3
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 142.1 mg
- Sodium 294.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 30.3 g