1/1 Photo of Chicken With Mushrooms (Moo Goo Gai Pin)
Out of the Blue's Note:
Recipe slightly adapted from one I found in Wok With Yan published in 1981. The ingredient list may seem long, but this recipe goes together quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces chicken meat, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch or 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 3 drops sesame seed oil (more or less)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste, may also omit)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/3 cup bamboo shoot, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, wedged
- 2 green onions, cut to 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup green pepper, cut to 1-inch squares
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (do not use olive oil) or 2 tablespoons other oil (do not use olive oil)
- 1Marinate chicken with 1 tablespoons tapioca starch or cornstarch, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoons wine, crushed red chilies (if using), and drops of sesame seed oil while preparing other ingredients.
- 2Heat wok or large frypan, add oil and when hot, brown green onion, garlic and ginger, put in chicken and saute until meat changes colour (about 4 minutes).
- 3Add vegetables and stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes; Add sauce and cook until it boils; mix thoroughly.
- 4Serve with either plain white rice or fried rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Mushrooms (Moo Goo Gai Pin)
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.1
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 79.3 mg
- Sodium 620.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium soya sauce