1/6 Photos of Chicken With Mushrooms & Lemon Sauce
1 hr 20 mins
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
This recipe will rival any fine Italian restaurants entree. It is an impressive FOOL PROOF dinner to serve family or your guess. I used to "wing it" and then came across this recipe. You will love it. 11/08 suggestions: The sauce will thicken as it cools a bit. It should not be thick anyway. From: The Big Book of Casseroles
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 6 scallions, with tops sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, may need more
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed or 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, prefer a thicker meatier breast
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or 1/2 cup broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1Preheat oven to 350Â°.
- 2In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2T butter, add mushrooms, onions and garlic. Saute' for 5 minutes or less. *DO NOT overcook!
- 3Transfer mushrooms and onions, set aside.
- 4Combine flour and spices in a ziploc bag. Add chicken one piece at a time to coat. Save the excess seasoned flour.
- 5In skillet over medium heat, add 2 T butter and brown chicken. (*I add olive oil to prevent the butter from burning).
- 6Transfer browned chicken to casserole dish and top with mushrooms and onions.
- 7Sauce: (*I double sauce recipe).
- 8Add 1 - 2 T of butter to skillet, melt over low/medium heat.
- 9Add reserved flour (may need a bit more) to the butter and whisk until well blended.
- 10Add stock, wine and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth and slightly thick. Pour over chicken & mushrooms. Top with capers.
- 11Cover and bake for 30-40 minutes until chicken no longer pink. *Baking time will depend on how thick the chicken breasts are.
- 12Serve over rice (*Basmati is my favorite).
- 13NOTES: Recipe can easily be doubled. I often double the sauce cuz everyone loves a good sauce over their rice.
- 14If doubling, I would suggest NOT doubling the amount of lemon juice but feel free to add more chicken stock and wine to thin the sauce before cooking.
- 15Revised & made for dinner: 10/29/07.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Mushrooms & Lemon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.6
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 643.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 29.2 g