Recipe by morgainegeiser
I was inspired to convert a traditional stovetop recipe to a crockpot recipe using breezermom's recipe as the orginal. I cook on the average 1-2 crockpot recipes a week.
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Anything in a slow cooker on a hot and humid day get 5 stars automatically. The revisions you made for this recipe were right on! I am not a mushroom lover but the flavors of mushrooms in food impart a silky taste that nothing else can match. This was delicious. I did sub in fresh thyme for dried and increased it to 1 1/2 TBSP and a dry white wine for the sherry (did not have enough). YUMMY! Leftovers were par excellence as well. I thinnly sliced the leftover breast (used 3) and layed it over organic sourdough bread from the bakery with some fresh picked mesculun salad mix, large tomatoe slice, and then added some fresh squeezed lemon on top. I think this is the way to make a sandwich. DH and I both enjoyed a sandwich each and some cold watermelon to boot for our lunch the next day. Made for AUS/NZ Swap July 2013
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream (light)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- cornstarch (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken breasts in half.
- Sprinkle chicken with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in the crock pot.
- Pour the chicken stock and cooking sherry over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook one more hour on low or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the the chicken from the the crockpot; keep warm.
- Add the whipping cream and Dijon mustard and whisk together. Cook to heated through, if needed add cornstarch to thicken sauce being careful to not get it too thick.