Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is from the Foodcourt column, Weekend.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 large onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 kg chicken, cut into medium-size pieces and washed
- black pepper
- 1 kg mushroom, washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons wheat flour
- 4 -5 tablespoons dried lime powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon saffron
- 2 -3 cups hot water
- Heat 2 tbsps.
- of oil in a saucepan.
- Fry onions in it until light golden in colour.
- Add chicken and fry until the juices are sealed and the chicken changes colour.
- Add hot water, salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium flame for 15-20 minutes until almost cooked.
- Heat 1 tbsp.
- of oil on medium flame in another pan.
- Fry mushrooms in it for 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle the wheat flour over the mushrooms and mix well.
- Fry for a few minutes and then add it to the chicken.
- Add the lime powder and the saffron.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with saffron rice.