This creamy dish is not only delicious but it is quite low in fat. Suitable for dinner guests or a quick meal for your family. What do they say. . . "try it you'll like it."
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons flour (with salt and pepper added)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (or use cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pound breasts until 1/4" thick.
- Dredge in flour mixture.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and saute about 7 minutes, turning once.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add butter to frypan and increase heat to high.
- Add onion and mushrooms.
- Saute about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add cream, parsley, mustard and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Add juices from chicken into cream mixture.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Hi Tebo; Made your recipe for dinner yesterday and it turned out super-great, as well as easy to make. Our guests thoroughly enjoyed the chicken with the sauce. I served the chicken over my Special 5 Rice Combination topped with crushed cashews. I also used chicken wings and fried them separately, then added them to the sauce before serving. I have passed this recipe to several of my friends who enjoy good and tasty recipes. Will be making this recipe often. "Uncle Bill"
This was a fantastic recipe. It was simple to prepare and very light. I prepared dinner for two and altered the recipe just a little. I used about 3/4 cup of cream and added about 1/2 cup of chicken broth to create more sauce.Very tasty!!
Excellent, excellent, excellent!!! Just tweaked it a tad; used half an onion, and did an extra fine mince or dice on the mushrooms. This could alter the original in that perhaps the mushroom flavor is more dispearsed throughout the sauce. Used about another fourth cup of cream and scant TBS of mustard. If there were more than five stars I would give it!! Thanks, Tebo, and I am immediately going to go check out your other recipes!