Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Elegant chicken with a lemon cream sauce to serve to your favorite guests. Serve over egg noodles or rice. Recipe found on an internet site.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed & drained
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Stir together flour and 1/4 c Parmesan cheese.
- Pound chicken breasts until about 1/4" thick and salt and pepper them to your taste.
- Dip cutlets in egg, then lightly coat them with flour.
- Melt butter over medium heat until sizzling and add 2 T lemon juice.
- Fry chicken until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove to serving platter and keep warm.
- In same skillet, add mushrooms and saute until almost done, then add remaining ingredients (including remaining 2T lemon juice) except parsley.
- Cook over medium heat until slightly thick and artichokes are heated through; stir occasionally.
- Stir in parsley.
- Serve sauce over chicken breasts.