Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is based on a recipe from a book Cooking for 1 - a basic recipe with three ways to serve it up
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 boneless chicken breast, fillet cut into small cubes
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 125 ml canned cream of chicken soup
- 60 ml milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat, add chicken and cook for 3-4 mins until just cooked.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2 mins longer then stir in wine, soup and milk and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5-8 mins or until mixture reduces and thickens, Stir in parsley and pepper to taste.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Spoon warm chicken mixture into large heated vol-au-vent case and serve with green salad Spoon chicken over hot pasta and toss.
- Serve with salad of lettuce, tomato and red or green pepper with an Italian dressing.
- Make a chicken and mushroom pie.
- Line an individual ovenproof dish with puff pastry, fill with cold chicken and top with pastry.
- Brush top of pie with a little milk and bake at 200deg.
- Cook for 15 mins until pastry is puffed.
This is pretty good, but I did have to perk it up a little. I added a bit of nutmeg and some celery salt. I also added some extra mushrooms, and I think it makes closer to 2 servings than one! But an excellent dish if you need something fast, good and easy.