Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Saw this over on Allrecipes.com, made it, tweaked it and put it here for safekeeping. Serious mushroom lovers will rejoice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of 13x9 baking dish with half of the mushrooms.
- One by one, dip chicken in egg and then coat well on both sides with bread crumbs.
- Melt butter in frying pan on medium heat and cook chicken until both sides are browned.
- Remove chicken breasts and place them over the mushrooms in the baking pan, add the remaining mushrooms, and sprinkle mozzarella over the top.
- Pour chicken broth around the sides.
- Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes until chicken is done
- Serve over rice or pasta.
This was really good. I took the advise of previous reviews and added more broth, but maybe just a tad too much. Anything w/mushrooms, I love, but it does need some more spice. Next time, maybe some garlic salt, or powder. I'll definitely make it again. Great w/angel hair pasta.
A woman I worked with used to make this regularly. Very tasty!
This was a tasty dish both my husband and I enjoyed this. I added garlic powder and dried parsley to the bread crumbs for both flavor and color since the recipe didn't call for any kind of seasoning. I served this with mashed red potatoes and used the gravy from the broth and mushrooms for the top of taters. Though this recipe serves 4, there isn't enough gravy for 4 servings. Please note this and plan accordingly...regardless of if you serve it with rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes. Thank you for submitting this recipe. I made this for PAC fall 2009.