Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Saw this over on Allrecipes.com, made it, tweaked it and put it here for safekeeping. Serious mushroom lovers will rejoice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of 13x9 baking dish with half of the mushrooms.
- One by one, dip chicken in egg and then coat well on both sides with bread crumbs.
- Melt butter in frying pan on medium heat and cook chicken until both sides are browned.
- Remove chicken breasts and place them over the mushrooms in the baking pan, add the remaining mushrooms, and sprinkle mozzarella over the top.
- Pour chicken broth around the sides.
- Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes until chicken is done
- Serve over rice or pasta.