Recipe by Maggie, Cooking
Saw this over on Allrecipes.com, made it, tweaked it and put it here for safekeeping. Serious mushroom lovers will rejoice.
Top Review by pgarrison12
This was really good. I took the advise of previous reviews and added more broth, but maybe just a tad too much. Anything w/mushrooms, I love, but it does need some more spice. Next time, maybe some garlic salt, or powder. I'll definitely make it again. Great w/angel hair pasta.
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of 13x9 baking dish with half of the mushrooms.
- One by one, dip chicken in egg and then coat well on both sides with bread crumbs.
- Melt butter in frying pan on medium heat and cook chicken until both sides are browned.
- Remove chicken breasts and place them over the mushrooms in the baking pan, add the remaining mushrooms, and sprinkle mozzarella over the top.
- Pour chicken broth around the sides.
- Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes until chicken is done
- Serve over rice or pasta.