Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Saw this over on Allrecipes.com, made it, tweaked it and put it here for safekeeping. Serious mushroom lovers will rejoice.
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of 13x9 baking dish with half of the mushrooms.
- One by one, dip chicken in egg and then coat well on both sides with bread crumbs.
- Melt butter in frying pan on medium heat and cook chicken until both sides are browned.
- Remove chicken breasts and place them over the mushrooms in the baking pan, add the remaining mushrooms, and sprinkle mozzarella over the top.
- Pour chicken broth around the sides.
- Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes until chicken is done
- Serve over rice or pasta.
This was really good. I took the advise of previous reviews and added more broth, but maybe just a tad too much. Anything w/mushrooms, I love, but it does need some more spice. Next time, maybe some garlic salt, or powder. I'll definitely make it again. Great w/angel hair pasta.
A woman I worked with used to make this regularly. Very tasty!
This was a tasty dish both my husband and I enjoyed this. I added garlic powder and dried parsley to the bread crumbs for both flavor and color since the recipe didn't call for any kind of seasoning. I served this with mashed red potatoes and used the gravy from the broth and mushrooms for the top of taters. Though this recipe serves 4, there isn't enough gravy for 4 servings. Please note this and plan accordingly...regardless of if you serve it with rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes. Thank you for submitting this recipe. I made this for PAC fall 2009.