Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
This is a simple recipe I found in the Coup de Pouce. I'm doing it and it smells so good. I'm sure it's yummy.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cups white button mushrooms or 3 cups brown button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a big skillet, heat oil at medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs and brown on each side. Set aside in a plate.
- Remove the fat from the skillet. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for about 8 minutes or until the liquid of mushrooms has evaporate. Sprinkle with flour and cook, while stirring, for about 1 minute. Add milk and bring to boil while scraping the bottom of the skillet to remove the particles.
- Put the chicken thighs back in the skillet and their juices. Add dijon mustard. Reduce the heat, cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is not pink inside. When ready to serve, sprinkle with green onions.
I have had this saved for a long time and finally made it tonight. We really enjoyed this very yummy chicken dish. It is neither gluey nor gummy but a perfectly smooth and rich sauce even with 1% millk. It could certainly be thinned with a bit more milk if one prefers a runnier sauce. So easy, so good. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
This recipe did not work for me at all, and I followed it precisely as written. My apologies for giving such a negative review, but what else can I do when I threw out the food without serving it? I was really nervous about the two tablespoons of flour, and as it turned out, with good reason. The sauce was so gummy and gluey it was inedible. Again, sorry for the negativity, but this didn't work for me at all. If I were to try it again (doubtful) I would definitely scale back the flour. Two TBS is way to much for one cup of milk!
This was flavorful and easy to make. Followed recipe exact, except I used breasts in place of thighs because that is what I had on hand. Thanks for posting.