Recipe by - Carla -
Serve this on a dish surrounded with nutty brown rice or tagliatelle verde. White wine or brandy may be used to deglaze the pan in place of sherry.
Top Review by Kana
Excellent casserole dish! Any cooked chicken and stock will do. Add 2 cups stock to the casserole. I used milk instead of whipping cream and this worked great. Pecans would work well as a topping to dress this up.
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup light cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide the chicken breasts into two natural fillets. Place each between two sheets of plastic wrap and flatten to a thickness of 1/4 inch with a rolling pin.
- Cut into 1 inch diagonal strips.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion and crushed garlic slowly until tender.
- Add the mushrooms and cook them for another 5 minutes; remove and keep warm.
- Increase the heat and add the reamining oil and fry the chicken very quickly, in small batches, for 3 to 4 minutes, until lightly colored.
- Season each batch with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove and keep warm on a plate while frying the rest of the chicken.
- Add the sherry and lemon juice to the pan and quickly return the chicken, onions, garlic and mushrooms, stirring to coat.
- Stir in the cream and bring to a boil.
- Adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.