Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have been making this easy chicken dish for a long time, if my memory serves me right I got it from a magazine, anyway it is easy and good!
- 8 chicken breasts or 8 boneless chicken breasts
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat butter and oil in a skillet over medium heat; add in chicken and brown on both sides, remove to a plate and keep warm.
- In the same frypan, saute mushrooms and onions until tender.
- Stir in wine, butter, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 mins, or until thickened.
- Return chicken to frypan.
What a delicious recipe! I was looking for an easy, great tasting recipe, that is low in sodium. I used low-sodium chicken broth in place of the wine, & used "no-salt" salt substitute, in place of the salt. I served this over egg noodles, it was so good my 2 & 7 year old kids ate liked it too! Very good & will make again. Thanks for a great recipe!
I should have left the chicken cook a little longer in the beginning because when I returned it to the pan to cook it took longer than expected and my sauce was a little over cooked but it tasted amazing!
KITTENCAL, you've done it again! I needed a mushroom sauce for another dish - so when I happened upon this I, immediately, selected it. Once more, outstanding!!! I threw in just a pinch of thyme and added a few tablespoons of heavy creme. Thank you, again, for helping me make a special meal.