Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very easy dinner that looks a lot more difficult! I got this one from a Polish friend.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- In lg skillet, heat 2 T butter on med-high.
- Brown chicken on both sides; cook until juices run clear.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining butter to skillet.
- Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch, salt and pepper.
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; add lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add sour cream; heat through.
- Serve over chicken.
We thought this chicken dish was outstanding. Very rich and creamy of course. The most delectable part is the lemon and worcestershire together. Really adds to the flavor. This was an easy meal to make, too. I served it with fresh green beans and baby carrots. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
Very good chicken and quick too! The mushroom sauce was just excellant, i used half olive oil and half butter, also used 2% milk and no fat yogurt instead of sour cream. We really enjoyed the hint of lemon, very refreshing. Served it with baked potato and brocolli, the sauce was particularly good over the potato. Thanks for sharing Inez, we will be serving this again.
This dish was easy to make and delicious! The lemon and worcestershire sauce really added to the flavor. I will definitely be making this again.