Recipe by Girl from India
From a web site. My hubby loves this in his lunch box. I substitute other veggies too in this like zucchini, spinach etc.
Top Review by Shasha
Great recipe! I had leftover roast chicken and didn't know what to do with it. I also kind of changed some things, like using parmesan cheese instead of cheddar, and doing away with the green onions and parsley (since I didn't have any at that time). I also sauteed the chicken and mushroom together, then dumped the eggs. I cooked the eggs a little on the stove, and then finished it off in the oven.
- 1 cup leftover diced roasted white chicken meat
- 1 1⁄2 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute (equal to 6 eggs)
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, stir together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- In separate bowl, combine chicken, mushrooms, green onion and parsley.
- Heat cooking oil in an 8-inch ovenproof skillet; Add egg mixture.
- Cook over medium-low heat.
- As eggs set, run a spatula around the edge, lifting to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath.
- Cook until eggs are almost set, but surface is still moist.
- Press chicken mixture into top of egg mixture.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until set.
- Top with cheddar cheese and broil few seconds more until melted.