Recipe by Mooseybear
This is a really great dish served over noodles or rice. I have had the recipe so long, I don't remember where it came from, but it's good!
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 whole chicken breasts, halved
- 1⁄2 cup leeks or 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tbsp melted butter and lemon juice.
- Place chicken on a greased broiler pan, broil 6-8 inches from heat, turning every 10 minutes and basting with lemon-butter mixture, 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a saucepan until sizzling.
- Stir in leeks and mushrooms.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in flour.
- Add chicken broth, continue cooking and stir constantly until mixture is thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- In a small bowl, combine cilantro, milk, and pepper. Add to mushroom sauce, and continue to stir for a minute or two until thickened.
- Serve sauce over chicken.