Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe 35 years ago from the mother of a friend who cooked for farmhands. The combo of chicken,sour cream and mushrooms is wonderful. I have been making it ever since. My family loves it. I double the sauce ingredients,we love it with rice.
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika in plastic bag. Shake chicken in mixture.
- Melt butter in skillet. Brown chicken on all sides.
- Place in 9x13-inch pan.
- Combine soup,sour cream and mushrooms. Pour over chicken.
- Bake 350°F for 1 hour or till tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven to melt cheese. Serve.
Very good recipe! Flavorful and simple! I Boiled my 'bone in' pieces for 5-7 minutes before browning in the skillet to make sure that they were done the same time as the 'bone out' pieces...turned out perfectly!