Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an excellent, delicious, superb dish! Everyone asked for this recipe when I made it for Christmas dinner. You can add fresh sliced mushrooms too if you want before you layer the cheese on it. (the prep time includes refrigeration time)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1 -2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 6 -8 slices muenster cheese
- Cut up chicken breast in bite sizes pieces.
- Beat 2 eggs.
- Soak chicken for 1 hour hour in refrigerator.
- Drain after done soaking, and coat chicken in seasoned bread crumbs.
- Brown in butter (not oil).
- Spray 9x13 pan and put chicken in, add white wine.
- Cover with sliced cheese.
- Bake at 350 covered with foil for 15 minutes.
- Bake uncovered for additional 15 minutes.
This was very east to prepare, and it made a lovely evening meal. I seasoned the breadcrumbs with garlic and tarragon. The white wine gave it a special touch. Very good, Dana! I will add this recipe to my tried & true cookbook. Thanks for posting this one!
What fantastic chicken! I stuck to the recipe except for one thing - I left the chicken breast halves whole, breaded the and sauteed in butter, then layered on the fresh mushrooms and Muenster. This is just the way my family preferred me to do it.It was SO tasty- (we're all big Muenster cheese fans) my daughter started laughing at me when I took the first bite. I must have sounded like a was going to swoon! Thanks for the great recipe.
This was a very nice dish. I used Emmenthaler cheese and like other people added some garlic. I used half white wine and for the other half used Kirsh and that gave a nice kick! The chicken was moist and the crumbs stayed crunchy. Thanks Dana for a recipe that I will go on making!