Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this in a magazine and thought it sounded good. I plan to try it when I have access to an oven again.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, filets
- 9.85 ml oil
- 450 g can refried beans (I like the ones with chilli)
- 473.18 ml sharp cheddar cheese
- 354.88 ml prepared salsa
- 29.58 ml chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 118.29 ml light sour cream
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Heat the oil in a large oven proof frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally until cooked through and no longer pink (about 20 minutes).
- Spoon the beans evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle one cup of cheese over the beans; top with salsa sauce. Sprinkle chopped peppers evenly over salsa. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake until the topping is heated through and cheese has melted (about 15 to 20 minutes)
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream on each portion and a sprinkling of fresh coriander.
I seasoned the chicken with salt and chipotle powder then threw together a fresh salsa by which the freshness can make all the difference in the world. I, also, subbed the refried beans with a can of drained black beans. What else? Let me think...if there could be only one animal to eat, please let it be a chicken. What? It could happen. Made for A-NZ Reunion Recipe Tag.
*Reviewed for September Recipe Swap in the Aussie Nz Forum* Great chicken. I used my electric skillet/frypan to cook the chicken and then when it came time to add the topping turned the heat down a tad and used the lid to keep the heat in- worked perfectly. We really enjoyed this chicken dinner and served with a salad on the side.I added the jalapenos to two pieces and my daughers were without the peppers. This was great for something a little different. Good easy recipe :) Photo also to be posted
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS !! I used mild salsa. This was a different recipe , but it is DEFINATELY worth making again. It had great taste, loved the cheddar cheese, and the jalapenos. Made for recipe Swap #21.