Recipe by JustJanS
I found this in a magazine and thought it sounded good. I plan to try it when I have access to an oven again.
Top Review by gailanng
I seasoned the chicken with salt and chipotle powder then threw together a fresh salsa by which the freshness can make all the difference in the world. I, also, subbed the refried beans with a can of drained black beans. What else? Let me think...if there could be only one animal to eat, please let it be a chicken. What? It could happen. Made for A-NZ Reunion Recipe Tag.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, filets
- 9.85 ml oil
- 450 g can refried beans (I like the ones with chilli)
- 473.18 ml sharp cheddar cheese
- 354.88 ml prepared salsa
- 29.58 ml chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 118.29 ml light sour cream
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Heat the oil in a large oven proof frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally until cooked through and no longer pink (about 20 minutes).
- Spoon the beans evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle one cup of cheese over the beans; top with salsa sauce. Sprinkle chopped peppers evenly over salsa. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake until the topping is heated through and cheese has melted (about 15 to 20 minutes)
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream on each portion and a sprinkling of fresh coriander.