Recipe by yogamom
I created this recipe when I was trying to put something together for dinner. It was so good. My kids couldn't stop saying "mmmm" all through dinner!
Top Review by AmandaInOz
We really enjoyed this variation on a classic marsala sauce. The horseradish didn't come through as a distinguishable flavour, but it cut the sweetness of the marsala nicely. That, along with the salty capers put this a cut above a basic marsala sauce. Very tasty! Thanks yogamom! Made for PAC Spring 2008.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon horseradish (less if you like)
- 1 tablespoon capers
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat butter and olive oil in pan over medium to medium high heat.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper on a plate or deep dish- set aside.
- Pound chicken breast to flatten. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Brown chicken in olive oil and butter. Once brown (about 5 mins on each side) remove chicken and keep covered.
- Add chopped onion to pan and brown- it doesn't have to be completely tender- about 3-4 minutes
- Add Marsala wine, horseradish and capers. Stir to combine.
- If you don't have a pan that is oven safe pour pan ingredients in oven safe dish. Place chicken on top of sauce and cover. Cook about 30 minute I made up some pasta and put the sauce over the pasta, you could also use rice.