Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I created this recipe when I was trying to put something together for dinner. It was so good. My kids couldn't stop saying "mmmm" all through dinner!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon horseradish (less if you like)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat butter and olive oil in pan over medium to medium high heat.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper on a plate or deep dish- set aside.
- Pound chicken breast to flatten. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Brown chicken in olive oil and butter. Once brown (about 5 mins on each side) remove chicken and keep covered.
- Add chopped onion to pan and brown- it doesn't have to be completely tender- about 3-4 minutes
- Add Marsala wine, horseradish and capers. Stir to combine.
- If you don't have a pan that is oven safe pour pan ingredients in oven safe dish. Place chicken on top of sauce and cover. Cook about 30 minute I made up some pasta and put the sauce over the pasta, you could also use rice.
We really enjoyed this variation on a classic marsala sauce. The horseradish didn't come through as a distinguishable flavour, but it cut the sweetness of the marsala nicely. That, along with the salty capers put this a cut above a basic marsala sauce. Very tasty! Thanks yogamom! Made for PAC Spring 2008.
Very good! This will be a regular in my home!