Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy chicken dish with an oriental touch!
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed mangoes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro (coriander)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, cut in bite size pieces
- Marinate chicken in Worcestershire sauce,for about 20 minutes at least.
- Then saute in olive oil til just golden and set aside.
- Combine sugar, green onion, vinegar, lime juice and a few drops of tobasco sauce in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves.
- Add mango, garlic and cilantro, stirring gently.
- Mix in orange juice.
- Pour hot mixture over chicken.
- Serve immediately with Buttered noodles or basmati rice.
This was really good. I used rice vinegar, may try balsamic next time. Seemed to lack a little something, but it was tasty. May also consider adding a bit of cornstarch to thicken it a bit.
My family and I loved this recipe. My husband raved about it! Even my picky six year old loved it. Very simple to put together. I used thin cut breast pieces and did not cube them. Other than that, followed the recipe, served over basmati rice and had a great dinner.
Love this recipe! Mine varies a bit. Step one I use combo of Worchestershire sauce and soy...then in hot cast iron skillet I roast a jalapeno. remove seeds and chop; set aside. Then pan grill chicken, remove and jump to step 3 (without tabasco)...add chopped jalapeno...I only use a little sugar, not 1/2 cup...more like 2 tablespoons with 2 T basalmic vinegar. Very nice. Very quick. Good over rice, couscous or noodles!