Recipe by breezermom
This recipe tastes like the tropics with its fresh mango, flaked coconut, and coconut milk. It is from the Gulf Coast Heritage Association's cookbook in Osprey, FL.
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! This was easy and tasty. I loved the combination of flavors and used a Chardonnay for the wine. Thanks breezermom for a great taste sensation. Made for ZWT5 2009 Family Picks.
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
- 4 slices mangoes, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup coconut, flaked
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups mangoes, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast half, cutting to, but not through, remaining side. Place a mango slice in each pocket, and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Dip chicken in egg; dredge in coconut. Brown chicken in 1/2 cup butter in a large skillet. Remove chicken to an ungreased 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inch baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove and discard toothpicks. Place chicken on a serving platter, set aside and keep warm.
- Cook shallot and garlic in 3 tbsp butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Add 1 cup cubed mango, broth, wine, and curry powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, salt, and pepper; cook 2 additional minutes.
- Pour mango mixture into an electric blender, or process with a handheld blender. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a serving bowl. Stir in the remaining 1 cup of mango cubes. Serve mango mixture spooned over the chicken.