Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This salad is ideal for a summer dinner party. I serve it with lots of different breads.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3 -5 celery leaves
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 (410 g) can mangoes or 1 (410 g) can fresh mango, when available
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 small lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons runny honey
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated (can add more if liked)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken, wine and water in a saucepan, adding more water to cover if needed.
- Add peppercorns and celery leaves.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and poach gently until the chicken is cooked, about 15 minutes (but check after 10). Remove chicken and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Place in a bowl with the celery and Parsley.
- Add mango pieces to the chicken mixture.
- Ginger Mayonnaise: Blend together the mayonnaise, or cream, lemon rind, lemon juice and honey.
- Add ginger.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Dress the salad with the mayonnaise and serve at room temperature.
- Some other Additions: Add a handful of halved seedless grapes to the mixture.
- A few finely chopped dates make a nice addition too.