Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Got this out of grandma's diabetic cookbook. Really good with fresh asparagus in season.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vodka
- 1⁄2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 scallions, white part and 2 inches green,cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and julienned
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, 3 oz seeded and julienned
- 6 ounces thin asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 small ripe mango, 4 oz peeled and cut into chunks
- Place the cubed chicken in a bowl.
- Add the egg white, cornstarch, vodka, and canola oil.
- Stir to coat the chicken, then set aside to marinate while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Combine the white wine, soy sauce and chicken stock in a pitcher.
- Heat a large non stick skillet and spray it with cooking oil.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook over high heat until lightly browned.
- Add the scallions, garlic, ginger, red pepper, and asparagus and stir fry for another minute.
- Slowly stir in the liquid and bring to a boil so that the sauce thickens.
- Lower the heat and stir in the mango.
- Cook until heated through.
- Good served over basmati rice.
this was really delicious and highly recommended. Fairly easy to cook and yummy contrasts in flavour to be enjoyed.
this is excellent! I used egg beaters instead of egg whites, but otherwise followed your recipe completely. I can't wait to try it with fresh asparagus from my garden this spring!