Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Got this out of grandma's diabetic cookbook. Really good with fresh asparagus in season.
Make and share this Chicken with Mango and Asparagus recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vodka
- 1⁄2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 scallions, white part and 2 inches green,cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and julienned
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, 3 oz seeded and julienned
- 6 ounces thin asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 small ripe mango, 4 oz peeled and cut into chunks
- Place the cubed chicken in a bowl.
- Add the egg white, cornstarch, vodka, and canola oil.
- Stir to coat the chicken, then set aside to marinate while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Combine the white wine, soy sauce and chicken stock in a pitcher.
- Heat a large non stick skillet and spray it with cooking oil.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook over high heat until lightly browned.
- Add the scallions, garlic, ginger, red pepper, and asparagus and stir fry for another minute.
- Slowly stir in the liquid and bring to a boil so that the sauce thickens.
- Lower the heat and stir in the mango.
- Cook until heated through.
- Good served over basmati rice.
this was really delicious and highly recommended. Fairly easy to cook and yummy contrasts in flavour to be enjoyed.
this is excellent! I used egg beaters instead of egg whites, but otherwise followed your recipe completely. I can't wait to try it with fresh asparagus from my garden this spring!