Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (7 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; heat butter and oil in a big nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over med-high heat.
- Add in the chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, cornstarch, juice, and mustard; gently stir in the oranges.
- Add marmalade mixture to pan; cover and simmer 6 minutes or until sauce is slightly thick, stirring once.
- Serve with hot cooked rice that has cashews and sliced green onions stirred in;.
This was very good; it tasted fresh and summery and the chicken stayed moist. It was a bit too sweet for my taste, and I would probably use sugar-free marmalade, and a bit more seasoning in the future. I served this with a very hearty wild rice (with green onions stirred through)--it was a great contrast to the fruity sauce.