Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
this is a recipe easy to prepare and cook. serve with plain boiled rice
- 3 large chicken breasts
- cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 can lychees
- 1 red capsicum
- 6 shallots
- 3 tablespoons oil (peanut preferably)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, extra
- 2 teaspoons water, extra
- cut boned chicken into 1-1/2" pieces,chop shallots into 2" lengths.
- remove seeds from capsicum cut into large dice.
- coat chicken pieces in cornstarch shake off excess.
- heat oil in wok add chicken pieces cook untill light golden brown.
- addcapsicum and shallots cook stirring for 1 minute.
- add combinedwater,crumbled stock cubes,tomato ketchup,sugar,salt and pepper.
- add drained lychees mix well.
- cover and simmer untill chicken is cooked (about 5 minutes).
- mix cornstarch to a smooth paste with water,add to chicken mixture,stir untill boiling and thickened (sometimes i omit the sugar and add 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce).
- bon apetite.
- sargie australia.