Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Simple with big flavor, but not overpowering. From a magazine clipping.
Make and share this Chicken With Lots of Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) roasting chickens, cut into eight serving pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Pat chicken dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour shaking off any excess.
- Heal oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat and brown chicken (in 2 batches if necessary), turning once for a total of about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add garlic to skillet and saute until just golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine to skillet and boil for one minute.
- Add broth, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until garlic is tender.
- Return chicken to skillet, skin side up, cover and simmer until cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and mash 8 cloves of the garlic into the sauce. (The back of a wooden spoon works for me).
- Spoon sauce over chicken and sprinkle with parsley.