Chicken with Lots of Garlic
- Remove the fat from just inside cavity, and rub chicken with a little salt.
- Pop bay leaf inside.
- Heat oil in large casserole dish, add garlic, herbs, celery, red pepper and freshly ground pepper, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add wine and chicken stock, bring to boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken, turning to coat in sauce, cover with a tight fitting lid, and seal edges with a flour and water paste.
- Bake at 180C (350F) for 1 hour.
- Break seal and transfer to a warm platter.
- Grill bread, and serve with chicken so that garlic can be squeezed onto toast and dipped into the juices.