Recipe by Cluich
A simple but elegant chicken dish, this goes well with rice and fresh steamed green beans. Garnish with fresh parsley and a slice of lime for that extra green color.
Top Review by jshox
I enjoyed this. It was simple to make and had good, although not overpowering, lime flavor. I didn't use fresh lime, but I think that would've made it taste 'cleaner'. I did have an issue with the sauce being too thin for my liking, but I didn't quite have enough cornstarch and had to sub in flour so that may have been the cause.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the chicken so that all pieces are of about the same thickness, then season with salt, to taste. Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and brown for about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the frying pan and keep warm.
- Mix all other ingredients and pour the mixture into the frying pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent clumping, and boil for about a minute.
- Return the chicken to the pan and simmer until the chicken is cooked through (about five minuites or so). Serve hot, with the sauce poured over the the chicken.