1/1 Photo of Chicken With Lime Sauce
crafty chef's Note:
Saw this recipe on Cooking Light the other day and just had to try it! Yummy! Can substitute lemon for the lime. *This recipe is actually already on 'zaar; I just noticed that! Sorry for the duplicate, I don't know how to delete it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, reduced-sodium fat-free
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 3Add chicken broth, sugar, 2 tablespoons juice, and mustard to pan; cook over medium heat, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- 4Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- 5Add cornstarch mixture to pan; stir well with a whisk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 1 minute or until sauce thickens slightly.
- 6Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice and butter, stirring until butter melts.
- 7Return chicken to pan; simmer 2 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Lime Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.1
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 116.4 mg
- Sodium 537.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 37.2 g