Recipe by GREG IN SAN DIEGO
This is a recipe for skinless chicken breasts with a tantalizing lime butter sauce. It's easy to prepare and, when properly garnished, will make an impressive dinner presentation.
Top Review by Lalaloob
OK, so I play "hearts" , ran the table (that never happens) and need a break. It's the summer, it's the weeknd, grill, music, cards . . . must make this recipe. Sounds perfect. Let you know. When I need a fool-proof meal, I always turn to a you.
- 3 skinless chicken breasts, halved, about 2 pounds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (use Kosher salt if possible, it's best for cooking)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken.
- Cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until fork can be inserted into chicken easily.
- Remove chicken to serving platter. Keep warm.
- Drain oil from skillet.
- Add lime juice.
- Cook over low heat until juice begins to bubble, about 1 minute.
- Add butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring until butter becomes opaque and forms a thickened sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chives and dill.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with quartered lime slices and parsley.