Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
this is a quick summer meal that we have a lot with fresh fruit salad...and rice pilaf
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper --
- heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- saute chicken until light brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- cover, reduce heat to low.
- cook 10 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- remove chicken to serving platter.
- drain oil from skillet.
- add lime juice --
- cook over low heat until juice begins to boil. about 1 minutes.
- add butter, one tbls at a time, until butter becomes opaque and forms a thick sauce.
- remove from heat and stir in chives and dill.
- spoon sauce over chicken --
- serve immediately.
GREAT RECIPE! Fast, easy and delicious. I agree w/ Knitaholic about getting lime and butter to thicken.
I made this recipe based on a version with identical ingredients out of one of my TOH magazines - and didn't think much of it - BUT, the directions for the sauce were not as detailed as they are in this version. It is something I'll try again, because my sauce just came out like melted butter with some lime juice in it. I really liked the flavor combination, and want to keep this in the rotation, but was unsure for the above reason. Thanks for posting - this will help me out a lot, and I'll update my review after I make again.