Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe was created by Rocco DiSpirito, who owns a restaurant in New York City, and had a television show on The Food Network.
- 4 chicken cutlets, about 1/2-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, cut in thin strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- lime wedge
- Preheat a grill pan over high heat. Coat chicken with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Add to grill pan; cook 2-3 minutes each side or until no pink remains.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl combine avocados, tomato, onion, jalapeno, lime juice, and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with chicken. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
Made for Potluck Tag. The main reason I picked this recipe was because of the Lime & Avocado Salsa. It was good, but wasn't over the top. We had to add additional lime, and also added salt and garlic to meet our tastes. Thanks for posting this TasteTester!