Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
An elegant chicken dish that is perfect for a garden picnic.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 daylily flower buds
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, sherry and salt.
- Cover chicken with sauce and place in a hot skillet with oil.
- Remove chicken and drain, add a bit more oil and fry a dozen day lily buds, with a few mushrooms.
- Return chicken to pan, add water and cover.
- Simmer until chicken is tender.