- 2 lbs small roasting chickens, cut into parts or 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 whole onion, Sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 -10 whole hot peppers, chopped, depending on your taste
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemongrass, sliced thinly
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package achiote powder, for coloring
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat medium saucepot. Add oil and sweat onions, garlic and lemongrass.
- Add chicken and allow to slightly brown. Add hot peppers, lemon juice, stock, achiote, accent, and salt to taste. Allow chicken to cook thoroughly. Once the chicken is cooked, add the coconut milk and the dish is finished.
- This is best served with steamed rice and a cold bottle of beer.