Recipe by - Carla -
The lemongrass, really compliments this easy and nutritious recipe. Serve with Asian noodles or steamed white rice.
Top Review by acarlson3
Someone should fix the duplicate directions. I did not have fresh chile pepper, so I used thai chili paste. I used a tablespoon and next time I will use 1/2 tablespoon. I liked this one a lot! Easy to fix and great taste as well. Allen
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 stalks lemongrass, smashed
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry paste or 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 red chile, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and fry onion with garlic for 1 minute. Add chicken, black pepper, lemon grass, fish sauce, sugar, curry and chili and stir fry for 4 minutes.
- Add chicken, black pepper, lemon grass, fish sauce, sugar, curry and chili pepper and stir fry 5 minutes.
- Add water and continue to stir fry an additional 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is just about cooked through.
- Remove smashed Lemongrass.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer, stirring, until sauce it thickened.
- Serve over Asian noodles or steamed white rice.
- Garnish with sprinkled chopped nuts and the freshly chopped cilantro.