- Carla -'s Note:
The lemongrass, really compliments this easy and nutritious recipe. Serve with Asian noodles or steamed white rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 stalks lemongrass, smashed
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry paste or 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 red chile, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1Heat oil and fry onion with garlic for 1 minute. Add chicken, black pepper, lemon grass, fish sauce, sugar, curry and chili and stir fry for 4 minutes.
- 2Add chicken, black pepper, lemon grass, fish sauce, sugar, curry and chili pepper and stir fry 5 minutes.
- 3Add water and continue to stir fry an additional 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is just about cooked through.
- 4Remove smashed Lemongrass.
- 5Add the coconut milk and simmer, stirring, until sauce it thickened.
- 6Serve over Asian noodles or steamed white rice.
- 7Garnish with sprinkled chopped nuts and the freshly chopped cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken with Lemongrass
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.4
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 1519.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 35.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: