1/1 Photo of Chicken with Lemon Thyme Pesto
1 hr 50 mins
Polar Bear's Note:
This recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs meaty chicken pieces (breast bhalves, thighls, and drumsticks)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 1/3 cups lemon thyme (if you dont have lemon thyme, use 1 1/§ cup fresh thyme plus 2 teaspoons findly shredded lemon peel)
- 1/2 cup salted pistachio nut
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- lemon wedge
- 1If desired, skin chicken.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3In a food processor or blender combine lemon thyme and pistachio nuts; cover and process or blend with several on/off turns until finely chopped.
- 4With procesor or blender running, gradually drizzle in oil, stopping to scrape down sides as necessary.
- 5Stir in freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 6Set aside.
- 7For a charcoal grill, arrange medium hot coals around a drip pan.
- 8Test for medium heat above pan.
- 9Place chicken, bone side down, on a grill rack over drip pan.
- 10For gas grill place chicken adjacent to heat source.
- 11Cover and grill for 50 to 60 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (instant read thermometer reads 180°C for breasts or 180°C for thighs and drumsticks), turning chicken and brushing with half the pesto during the last 5 minutes of grillling.
- 12Reserve remaining pesto for another use.
- 13Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken with Lemon Thyme Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.5
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 120.7 mg
- Sodium 113.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 32.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: