Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from Taste of Home Magazine, contributed by Brenda Hoffman. It can easily be doubled.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 24.64 ml all-purpose flour, divided
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 3.69 ml salt, divided
- 2.46 ml pepper, divided
- 2 eggs
- 29.58 ml butter, divided
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 177.44 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml apple juice
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml minced fresh parsley
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness.
- In a shallow bowl, combine 4 tablespoons flour, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- Dip chicken into eggs; coat with flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter and oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining flour, salt and pepper; stir in broth until smooth.
- Add apple juice to the skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits.
- Stir broth mixture and add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in lemon juice; cook for 1 minute.
- Add parsley and remaining butter; cook and stir until butter is melted.
- Serve over chicken.
This is a fantastic recipe. Try this, you won't be disappointed. It has great flavor. Thanks for posting.
I'm glad I found this recipe on here. This is one of our family favorites. The chicken breading w. the parmesan cheese is really tasty (even without the sauce). The sauce is also good and has a very mild lemon flavor. I also made it gluten free using a combo of cornmeal and cornstarch instead of flour.