1/1 Photo of Chicken With Lemon Sauce
This recipe comes from Taste of Home Magazine, contributed by Brenda Hoffman. It can easily be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness.
- 2In a shallow bowl, combine 4 tablespoons flour, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 3In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- 4Dip chicken into eggs; coat with flour mixture.
- 5In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter and oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- 6Remove and keep warm.
- 7In a small bowl, combine the remaining flour, salt and pepper; stir in broth until smooth.
- 8Add apple juice to the skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits.
- 9Stir broth mixture and add to the pan.
- 10Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- 11Stir in lemon juice; cook for 1 minute.
- 12Add parsley and remaining butter; cook and stir until butter is melted.
- 13Serve over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Lemon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.0
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 303.0 mg
- Sodium 1656.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 38.9 g