Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you love lemons, you will just love this chicken dish. When you peel the lemon, try to remove as much of the bitter white pith that is underneath the yellow skin.
- 8 -9 chicken pieces (skin on or off)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 large potatoes, peeled, and cut into about 2-inch squares
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 large lemon (peeled and very thinly sliced)
- 1 cup raisins (or to taste)
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer in a Dutch oven and drizzle with oil.
- Place the potatoes between the chicken pieces in the pot.
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with garlic and tumeric, and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the lemon slices over the chicken pieces, then sprinkle with raisins.
- Pour JUST enough broth barely to cover the chicken; bring to a boil over high heat, cover and boil for 10 minutes (on high heat).
- Uncover reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is just cooked through, and potatoes are fork-tender (about 25-30 minutes).
- Transfer the chicken and potatoes to a platter, (leaving whatever cooking juices are in the pot) and cover the chicken loosley with foil to keep warm.
- Add in lemon juice to the cooked juices in the Dutch oven; boil until thickened and reduced slightly (about 7-8 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the juice over the chicken and potatoes.