Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a very tasty chicken dish! Throw in some canned, drained or fresh sauteed mushrooms. Be certain to use only low-sodium chicken broth for this. Make sure you have a large enough skillet to hold the chicken and carrots, I make this on my large electric skillet. You will love this!
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons paprika
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, halved then sliced
- 1 lb carrot, peeled, halved and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 cup water (low sodium) or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl or cup mix together 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, paprika, cinnamon and black pepper; rub into chicken pieces.
- Heat oil in a skillet and brown the chicken pieces in two batches, turning once; transfer to a plate.
- Leave some oil in the skillet and add in onions and carrots and 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until onions are softened and just beginning to brown (about 8 minutes).
- Add in 2 tablespoons garlic and cook for about 1 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return the chicken (skin sides up) to the skillet, tossing the onions and carrots around the chicken.
- Stir the water or broth, lemon juice and honey together until blended, and add to the skillet; cook over medium heat, covered until chicken is fully cooked and the carrots are tender (about 25-30 minutes).
- Season with more salt to taste if desired.