Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you have unexpected guests show up and need something tasty that can be on the table in just a little over an hour, this one's for you. A friend shared the recipe with me and we loved it.
- 6 chicken breasts (Frozen, Boneless & Skinless)
- poultry seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup white wine (Any good tasting white wine will do)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Sprinkle poultry seasoning and salt & pepper on both sides of frozen chicken breasts.
- Place chicken breasts in a baking dish which has been sprayed with Pam.
- Cover dish.
- Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until fork tender.
- Place soup and garlic in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add white wine and lemon juice and continue to simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream or half & half.
- Stir in lemon zest.
- Continue to simmer for 2-5 minutes.
- Remove from Heat.
- Stir in 1 Stick Butter.
- Serve chicken breast on a bed of white rice. Spoon sauce over top.