Prep 45 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A traditional Greek dish combining chicken and egg
- 2 ounces dried wild mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 500 g chicken, cut into serving pieces and skinned
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 cooked artichoke hearts, thickly sliced or 14 ounces artichoke hearts
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- chopped fresh oregano, for garnish
- Soak mushrooms in warm water for 30 minute Drain and rinse.
- Coat chicken with flour and salt.
- Saute chicken for 7-10 minute Pat dry oil.
- Saute onions and flour. Gradually add wine and stock. Stir for 15 min and add mushrooms.
- Layer chicken and artichokes in the slow cooker. Pour mushroom mixture over top. Cover and cook for 4-6 hrs until chicken is tender.
- Arrange chicken, mushrooms, artichokes on a platter. Whisk the juices, lemon juice, egg yolks until smooth and thickened. Pour sauce over the chicken and vegetables.