This dish is excellent served with Basmati rice since there will be a little extra sauce to spoon over the chicken and to flavor the rice nicely. This recipe is courtesy of the "Spice of Life Cookbook" by Treva Davis (no longer in print).
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- Combine all ingredients, except chicken and honey, in a medium skillet. Mix thoroughly.
- Place chicken in the pan and turn several times to coat. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes
- Turn on heat and simmer for 25 minutes, turning chicken every 10 minutes.
- Add honey, stir and cook for 10 minutes more, or until chicken is throughly cooked.
- Serve along side Basmati rice and enjoy!