Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This dish is excellent served with Basmati rice since there will be a little extra sauce to spoon over the chicken and to flavor the rice nicely. This recipe is courtesy of the "Spice of Life Cookbook" by Treva Davis (no longer in print).
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- Combine all ingredients, except chicken and honey, in a medium skillet. Mix thoroughly.
- Place chicken in the pan and turn several times to coat. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes
- Turn on heat and simmer for 25 minutes, turning chicken every 10 minutes.
- Add honey, stir and cook for 10 minutes more, or until chicken is throughly cooked.
- Serve along side Basmati rice and enjoy!
Absolutely delectable. The fact that you can achieve this result without having to brown the meat, and you get only a single pan dirty, is just icing on the cake. The only change (a very minor one) that I made is that to save time, I sliced the garlic very thin rather than mince it. In this dish that works well. Is this a Indian cuisine? Malaysian?
Really good. The lemon curry sauce is a nice change of pace from regular curry sauces. The honey was the perfect finish- it completely cuts away the bitter flavor that had me worried when I first taste-tested it.
BNot cooked yet but I am always trying new recipes and the prep, feel, and smell of this is promising and so good to prepare , only complaint you have not suggested a dessert to accompany - I am useless about what to do as dessert (8+0) thank you for this Tony UK